On September 2, AEW and Tony Khan announced that they had terminated the contracts of CM Punk with cause.
Punk’s termination came following the investigation into the backstage incident at AEW All In at Wembley Stadium.
Following Punk’s termination, fans have speculated about whether or not Punk would return to WWE.
Speaking on the Ringer Wrestling Show, Finn Balor was asked about a potential match with Punk in WWE if Punk did end up returning to the company.
“I’d be interested in wrestling a broomstick if someone is going to pay me money. Money talks.”
Balor is currently one half of the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions alongside Damian Priest of the Judgment Day.
The WWE fans in India at last night’s WWE Superstar Spectacle event broke out into chants of Punk’s name, which you can see here.
Zelina Vega has also spoken about Punk, publicly stating her desire to see Punk return to WWE.
As it stands, it’s unknown whether Punk has a non-compete clause to adhere to before he can join WWE, but we’ll keep you posted with any updates.
transcription via Fightful
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours