Former WWE star Lio Rush made his AEW debut last year as part of the Casino Battle Royal at AEW Double or Nothing. He signed a contract with the company later that year, which expired back in January of this year.
Rush worked numerous independent shows, as well as dates for NJPW Strong, before he suffered a shoulder injury in a match with Buddy Matthews during the 2022 PWG Battle of Los Angeles.
Being out of action since then, Rush took to Twitter today to announce that he had now been cleared, simply tweeting:
Rev Pro then announced that Rush will be competing in the 2022 British J Cup, joining Connor Mills, Will Kaven, Leon Slater, and Robbie X in the lineup. The event will take place on October 22 in Stevenage.
— Lio Rush (@IamLioRush) September 29, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers