Rob Van Dam has said that WWE tried to change his signature look when he joined the company during the Ruthless Aggression era.
The former WWE, ECW and TNA/IMPACT star told a Twitter user that his signature airbrushed singlet was almost axed by the company when he joined in 2001.
In response to a fan saying that Van Dam had the “coolest gear,” RVD said:
“This was one of the first things WWE tried to change about me.”
He later retweeted a picture of himself wearing a much plainer black singlet, noting:
“This was what they wanted me to wear. I kept it for non televised house shows”
Van Dam left WWE in 2007, before briefly returning in 2013 for one year, leaving again in 2014.
He was inducted into the 2021 WWE Hall of Fame, on April 1 of that year. He also made an appearance at WrestleMania 37, giving Matt Riddle a sample of his own branded rolling papers.
His most recent appearance on WWE television was at the 2022 Hall of Fame ceremony. He recently competed in the main event of the first wrestling show at the Mall of America in nearly 30 years alongside Dante Martin and other AEW stars.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- WWE Hall Of Famer Clarifies Royal Rumble 2023 Tease
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW