While his career with WWE wasn’t the longest, Rodney Mack spent around three years in total as a WWE superstar.
Mack, who is married to former WWE star Jazz, was recently interviewed by WrestlingInc, and he spoke about his release from the company in 2007.
Mack was actually released alongside Jazz, and he has revealed he was actually told by Stephanie McMahon just before his release that he and Jazz had “a job for life” in WWE.
“I have no idea, still to this day. Jazz and I both were told, I think it was by Stephanie. She pulled us to the side and said that we had a job for life. We were great to be around. We were the two most believable people on the roster. All that stuff. I think it was three weeks later or a month or something, not precise, that we got fired. In fact, I think it was right before my birthday.”
Unfortunately this seems to have become a theme with released WWE stars, but at least Mack wasn’t given the old “budget cuts” excuse like so many current stars were handed.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Tony Khan Continues To Praise Mercedes Moné Ahead Of Forbidden Door 2