Both Roderick Strong and LA Knight worked matches prior to this week’s Raw and SmackDown tapings, leading to the assumption that the two may end up main roster bound in the near future.
However, two more NXT stars are set to be on hand at this Friday’s (January 28) SmackDown taping in Kansas City.
Per PWInsider, former NXT Women’s Champion Io Shirai and Dakota Kai will join Strong and Knight at the main roster tapings. Kai has previously worked main roster tapings, most recently back in November 2021.
Shirai is a new name to work dark matches at the tapings, with her last main roster match being back at Survivor Series in 2019.
It was recently reported that ‘several’ names from NXT will be on hand for the Royal Rumble.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips