WWE doesn’t know what is even going to happen on SmackDown next week, nonetheless at WrestleMania in five months, but WrestleTalk has learned that ideas are being thrown around in creative meetings for next year’s show as we head into 2021.
Sources have told WrestleTalk’s Louis Dangoor that WWE is still unsurprisingly hoping to see The Rock return and face Roman Reigns at WrestleMania next year, although that depends on a variety of factors including COVID and Rock’s movie schedule.
Incase The Rock isn’t able to wrestle at the show, WWE is already preparing other options to challenge Roman Reigns at the show, with sources telling us that Big E and Daniel Bryan have been discussed for the match at this admittedly very early stage.
Sources have also told us that Raw’s Drew McIntyre has been brought up in meetings as a potential opponent for Reigns at ‘Mania if The Rock can’t make the show, with higher-ups impressed with the work Roman and Drew did at Survivor Series last month.
WrestleMania 36 was set to see Goldberg defend his Universal title against Roman Reigns, but Roman pulled out of the show due to COVID-related concerns. We’ve also been told that this is another match WWE is considering as a back-up for the show.
As noted already, pretty much everyone within WWE are hoping that The Rock will return for WrestleMania to face the Universal Champion, but rough contingency plans are being made at the moment in the instance that he cannot appear.
- Scrapped World Heavyweight Championship Match For Elimination Chamber 2024 Revealed
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- Former AEW Star Set To Return For February 24 Collision