On tonight’s episode of SmackDown, a Good Old-Fashioned Battle Royal as the competitors set for the Money in the Bank ladder match faced off against others hoping to join.
After cutting promos from the top of ladders (except Omos who appeared alongside MVP) the entrants were suprised to be interrupted by hopefuls The Miz, Ezekiel, Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss.
The fracas seemed to summon authority figure Adam Pearce who announced a “Good Old-Fashioned Battle Royal” was set to start after the break.
Notably, the internal run sheets apparently had this match listed as a “King of the Mountain” match up until shortly before showtime per Fightful Select.
It seemed important to repeatedly communicate the name of the match, mentioning the full titled “Good Old-Fashioned Battle Royal” a nearly comical number of times.
After the break, a “Good Old-Fashioned Battle Royal” ensued including the six current competitors and the prospective entrants with the purpose of the battle royal being announced by Michael Cole on commentary as being “for WWE supremacy” and “to try and build some momentum.”
After Drew McIntyre hit a Claymore on Sami Zayn and eliminated him, he and Sheamus were attempting to eliminate one another but Happy Corbin who was lying in wait, popped up and eliminated them both from behind to win the Good Old-Fashioned Battle Royal.
You can read all about tomorrow’s premium live event, Money in the Bank, by clicking here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced