If you watched this week’s episode of AEW Dynamite, you will have noticed that the match between Orange Cassidy and Jack Evans finished during the commercial break, with the commentary team informing viewers Cassidy had won during the “picture in picture” break.
During the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez revealed that this was done on purpose rather than it being a timing error on AEW’s part.
According to Alvarez and Meltzer, it was AEW’s way of telling fans to pay attention during the picture in picture breaks, because you never know what could happen.
Cody Rhodes has previously discussed finishing matches during commercial breaks during an appearance on Talk is Jericho. Rhodes discussed breaking the “rules of pro wrestling” at length on the podcast.
Specifically, Rhodes discussed his dog collar match with the late great Brodie Lee.
“He (Lee) was really adamant that, going into commercial, we do a really big bump in the commercial. Again, another one of the rules, ‘you can’t give anything away in the commercial’ and so you can, and I love that about here. I’m waiting for us to do a finish in the commercial. ‘Here’s what you missed!’”
So make sure you pay attention during those breaks, folks! Daniel Bryan might debut during a Dominos advert!
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15