After a year and a half, Hiromu Takahashi has returned from injury. He returned to New Japan Pro Wrestling at Power Struggle following Will Ospreay’s IWGP Junior Heavyweight title defence against BUSHI.
Will Ospreay got on the mic and said there is no one left to challenge him before Hiromu Takahashi made his entrance. His video featured a countdown clock that is set to expire on January 4th, 2020. That of course is the date for the first night of Wrestle Kingdom 14.
Takahashi then ran wild and cut a promo thanking the fans for waiting for him. He said he would not be toning down his style because if he did there would be no one who could beat Ospreay. He congratulated Ospreay and challenged him to a match at Wrestle Kingdom 14.
Takahashi infamously suffered a broken neck as a result of a botched Phoenix-plex from Dragon Lee in July, 2018. His career was in jeopardy and it took until now for him to make his return. At the time of his injury, Hiromu was the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion, having won the title only a month prior to his injury.
The card for Wrestle Kingdom 14 continues to take shape as Chris Jericho vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi was also confirmed earlier in the show.
Are you excited to see Hiromu return? Let us know in the comments below, on Twitter or on Discord!
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight