AEW President Tony Khan has once again whipped out his chequebook, because a “huge new star” is set to debut on tonight’s episode of AEW Dynamite.
The unknown wrestler (we’ll get to that) will take on The Bunny to try and qualify for the Owen Hart Cup, with other matches being announced through the day.
Here is Tony’s teasing tweet.
It’s Tuesday, you know what that means: #AEWDynamite tomorrow on @TBSNetwork! It’ll be a great Wrestling Wednesday, a huge new star signs in @AEW + debuts vs The Bunny with the 1st spot in The Owen Hart Cup at stake, + I’ll announce big matches throughout the day! Thank you all!
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) March 30, 2022
As for who it’s going to be, the leading candidates are former WWE stars Toni Storm and Ember Moon, who now goes by Athena.
Fightful Select reported yesterday that AEW is very interested in Storm, whose non-compete clause has now expired after she was release by WWE at the end of 2021.
The report also noted AEW has at least been in contact with Athena, who recently had a widely praised match with Thunder Rosa for Warrior Wrestling.
If we hear any more regarding the identity of this “huge new star”, we will of course let you know.
Both Toni Storm and Ember Moon were released by WWE in the past year. Check out all of WWE’s 2022 releases right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- AEW Backstage Reaction To CM Punk Instagram Post
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?