Jake Roberts made his surprise debut in All Elite Wrestling last night on Dynamite. He put Cody on notice with a fantastic promo, promising to bring his client in to slay Cody.
Now, we know Roberts’ status with the promotion. As reported on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that “Jake is in, Jake Roberts is in.” He has reportedly signed a contract with the promotion and will be appearing with AEW on a consistent basis.
Roberts is a WWE Hall of Famer and noted during his promo that it took him 20 years to get clean. He had a history of substance abuse problems before Dallas Page helped get him on the right track. He made sure to say that this does not mean he is going to play nice.
There is now speculation on who his clients may be. The most popular theories appear to be Brodie Lee and Lance Archer. It is currently unknown when Roberts’ client will show up but given his status, it could happen at any time.
Are you excited to see Jake Roberts in AEW? Let us know on Twitter!
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan