Jeff Hardy has spoken plenty in recent interviews about some changes to his character now that he’s made the move to SmackDown.
Hardy seems very open to, in fact in favor of, the idea of turning heel and adopting the Willow The Wisp character he used in IMPACT Wrestling many years ago.
Speaking in a new interview with SportBible he revealed another one of his ideas, saying:
“I think there’s a way to kinda turn heel without turning on the fans. It’s like turning on the company, where it’s something like, ‘Ok, I’m 44 years old, I’ve been doing this for so long and I’m really being mistreated – what’s going on here?’ Should I ask for my release from World Wrestling Entertainment?’. This is not a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ question, it’s a ‘Yay!’ or ‘Boo!’ question – let them yay or let them the boo and let them decide. That’s just an idea that popped into my head but it might be a route to take. I feel like there’s something to be unleashed inside me that wants to get out and rage to a certain extent and hopefully we’ll figure that out.”
It would be interesting to see how that would be received considering how many actual releases we’ve seen over the past few weeks, and obviously beyond that stretching to about a year-and-a-half.
Jeff Hardy will be in action at Survivor Series this Sunday as part of SmackDown’s five-man team, having beaten Sami Zayn last week.
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Sasha Banks Drops Latest Major Wrestling Return Tease
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- MJF Files New Trademark Relating To Infamous WWE Term
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- Tony Khan Responds To Criticism Of AEW’s Introduction Of New Wrestlers
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw