AEW commentator Jim Ross has revealed that Christian Cage helped create Steve Austin’s famous ‘WHAT?’ chant during his time in WWE.
Ross spoke about Christian’s influence within AEW as a whole, and believes he has been of particular help to both Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy.
Speaking on the Grilling JR. podcast, he said:
“He’s a real good member of the team because he adds a lot of experience and he’s normally willing to share it with the young guys. I think Christian has probably been a big help for Jungle boy and Luchasaurus. That’s who they’re married to right now. He’s still working, he’s still having a good time and he’s still contributing.”
He went on to explain how Christian Cage played a pivotal role in the creation of the ‘WHAT?’ chant.
“That was derived from Christian calling Steve [Austin] on his cellphone while he was driving and Steve would screw with Christian and say ‘what?’ like the signals were breaking up. That’s where the ‘what?’ came into play.”
Credit to WrestlingInc. for the transcription.
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Tiffany Stratton Scrapped WWE Main Roster Plans Revealed