John Cena recently told Sports Illustrated that he will not be able to appear at WrestleMania 37 this year due to COVID-19 regulations, but has revealed in a recent interview that he will be returning to WWE before too long.
Speaking on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Cena said that he can’t appear on WWE TV right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic regulations, but said that he looks forward to returning as soon as he is safely able to do say:
“Oh yeah, I will [be back in WWE]! I just, unfortunately, you know… the state of the world, I mean, I’m not sitting there on the couch next to you. It’s a difficult and unpredictable time, and right now, I’m doing this. I’m filming ‘Peacemaker’, and that’s going to take a lot of my time, and I can’t bounce back and forth due to international restrictions. So at least for the time being, I’m here, and I’m still away from WWE, but I very much look forward to returning as soon as I possibly can.”
While Cena said that he won’t be able to appear at WrestleMania, Dave Meltzer has claimed that there is a chance the 16-time World Champion appears at the show in some capacity, which you can find out more about by clicking here.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- LIVE RESULTS – WWE SmackDown – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?