Despite the fact that reports suggest he is set to headline WWE’s second-biggest pay-per-view of the year alongside Roman Reigns, John Cena is of the belief that WWE doesn’t actually need him.
Speaking with Complex News, Cena said that WWE is a “global phenomenon” with or without him, arguing that the company is “still thriving” in spite of the fact that he is no longer a full-time performer:
“WWE is already a global phenomenon, with or without John Cena, and that’s proven before I got there and certainly now that I’m not there anymore and they’re still thriving. They don’t need me. But it’s such an honor and a privilege to walk in that locker room and be able to go out and perform.”
According to reports from various sources, John Cena will be main eventing SummerSlam in August alongside Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship. This will be his first match since April 2020.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Notable Name’s Planned WWE Tryout Was Cancelled