Jon Moxley has revealed that All Elite Wrestling (AEW) President Tony Khan wanted his upcoming IWGP United States Championship match with Yuji Nagata to take place on AEW Dynamite.
Moxley told Sports Illustrated that the bout was originally set to take place on NJPW Strong, before Tony Khan proposed the idea of the title match taking place on his show on TNT:
Strong is a great hour of professional wrestling, and it’s great for the young guys and it’s great for the fans. I love being a part of it. I heard from [New Japan’s] Rocky Romero, who told me Gedo still wanted to do me against Nagata, and that he was flying him out to America for Strong. So that was our plan, and I thought that was f—— awesome. Tony asked, ‘Why not do it on Dynamite?’ And I said, ‘If we can, then f— yeah, that would be bigger, especially for a legend like Nagata.’ We both loved that it would be a chance for Nagata to be back on TNT. Before I knew it, Tony talked to New Japan, and now it’s happening. And it’s a chance to celebrate his career.”
Jon Moxley may be defending a title tonight, but the former WWE star is expected to be challenging for the AEW World Tag Team Championship with Eddie Kingston against The Young Bucks at Double or Nothing later this month.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?
- HBO Show References Roman Reigns Possibly Joining AEW
- Shock Former NXT Star Was Planned To Join Judgment Day
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Controversy Referenced On WWE Podcast
- ‘Nobody Has Any Idea’ Why Vince McMahon Changed Confusing Money In The Bank Advert
- WWE Planning To Build More Performance Centers Around The World