The real reason why Keith lee and Swerve Strickland won the AEW Tag Team Championship has been revealed.
‘Swerve in our Glory’ won the gold on Wednesday’s (July 13) edition of AEW Dynamite: Fyter Fest, defeating Team Taz and champions the Young Bucks in three-way tag action.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AEW is high on the ‘Shaq/Kobe’ combination of Lee and Swerve.
Touching on the plans for the title, Meltzer said:
“When Jeff Hardy had his issue and the Young Bucks got the tag titles, necessary since it was the Christian turn on Jungle Boy plan, they were set to immediately lose to Lee & Strickland.
“The feeling has been that Lee & Strickland have had tremendous matches and they are going with this Shaq/Kobe idea of the large, charismatic upbeat guy with the other superstar on the team that doesn’t always get along.”
The Young Bucks had only won the AEW Tag Team Championship from Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus at Dynamite: Road Rager on June 15.
It has also been reported that Matt Jackson suffered a ‘stinger’ injury during the three-way title bout, which you can read more about right here.
There have now been 15 titles change hands in AEW this year. Stay up to date with every title change in AEW using our tracker at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence