Kenny Omega hasn’t wrestled a match in AEW since last year’s Full Gear pay-per-view, where he lost the AEW World Championship to Hangman Adam Page.
Despite not stepping into the ring, Kenny has been working hard behind the scenes on the upcoming AEW: Fight Forever video game set to launch later this year.
With AEW’s ever-changing roster, fans have wondered about whether many of the new arrivals will be playable in the game, or whether any departures will be removed from the game.
Kenny recently spoke to Sports Illustrated ahead of Forbidden Door, where he revealed that, despite leaving the company and returning to WWE, Cody Rhodes will still be in the game.
“This may come as a surprise to people, but Cody is still in the game. I was very passionate about making sure his legacy and position within the company were preserved. We’ve built this game from the ground up, starting everything from scratch. That’s why I thought this game could coincide with the birth of this company. You get to experience AEW from the beginning, from day one. The game is going to reflect a lot of that, even though our locker room is ever-changing.”
Omega is one of many AEW stars currently out of action with an injury. For a full list of injured AEW stars, click here.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles