AEW’s Kenny Omega and New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Will Ospreay are at odds on Twitter after Pro Wrestling Illustrated announced today Kenny Omega sits atop the PWI 500.
After the announcement, Ospreay tweeted:
“I’d beat up number 1 any day of the week and twice on Wednesdays…..just saying.”
Shortly thereafter, the AEW World Champion responded:
“Your promotion has been so ice cold since I left that not even Meltzer can convince his followers that you were part of any BITW conversation.”
“It hurts me, bruv. One of you dorks should have been the guy. Turned out a bigger dog was my only competition.”
Ospreay returned fire, tweeting to Omega:
“Last chat we had was ‘you need to be the guy’. Since then you left we sold out MSG, sold more tickets at the Tokyo dome than ever before, and put on banger after banger. A pandemic put the breaks on & you know it. Open that door, let’s have this conversation.”
Ospreay, who returned to NJPW after recovering from a neck injury, recently teased an AEW appearance on social media.
Prior to the formation of AEW, Omega wrestled for NJPW from 2008 to 2019 and is also a former IWGP Heavyweight Champion. He and Ospreay first shared the ring at a 2015 PWG event.
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler