If you tuned in to last night’s Raw (July 4), you may have been surprised to hear a very different voice as the play-by-play commentator, and that’s because there was a very different human acting as the play-by-play commentator.
Kevin Patrick, who until now has been used as a backstage interviewer, deputised for Jimmy Smith, who according to the commentary team was on holiday this week.
It is the first time Patrick has commentated on Raw, but viewers of Main Event, of which there are very few, will have heard his voice before, as he is the lead commentator on the show each week.
Judging by Twitter, people seem very pleased to hear Patrick, who joined WWE last year, get a chance on Raw. Here are just a few positive reactions.
Kevin Patrick needs to replace Jimmy permanently. #WWERaw
— Karl Botch (@KarlBotch) July 5, 2022
Kevin Patrick on commentary is a breath of fresh air. #WWERAW
— Mike ?????⚡️ (@TheNHNerd) July 5, 2022
I’m sorry but can we keep Kevin Patrick on commentary
— WrestlingFan84 (@WrestlingFan84) July 5, 2022
Well done, Kevin.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name