PWInsider are reporting that TNA/Impact Wrestling mainstay Jeremy Borash has signed a deal with WWE. Yeah, that Jeremy Borash.
Several former Impact Wrestling names have recently jumped to WWE, including EC3 showing up at NXT Takeover: Philadelphia and Rockstar Spud revealed he was also at the Royal Rumble via Twitter. Dave Melzter of the Wrestling Observer as also reported that Bobby Lashley is heading to WWE after deals with New Japan fell through and that he would be feuding with Brock Lesnar this summer.
Jeremy Borash has been with Impact Wrestling since the company first started up in 2002, formally working for WCW in its dying days on WCW Live. In TNA and Impact Wrestling he has been their most consistent figure – being a ring announcer, commentator, backstage interviewer, writer, producer, MC, wrestler and even website manager. This is perhaps the most shocking exit from TNA/Impact Wrestling in the company’s history. It would be like Michael Cole leaving WWE and going to Impact. Maybe that was just wishful thinking.
Mike Johnson’s report says that Borash was in Philadelphia and backstage at Royal Rumble and Raw telling people he was “just there to see friends”. Johnson says that his Impact sources have told him that Borash has officially told the company he is leaving them to join WWE. He was working for Impact Wrestling on Thursday and Friday, appearing at Tommy Dreamer’s House of Hardcore to capture footage for an upcoming episode of Impact.
There’s no word on what role Borash might play in WWE.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown