There is more injury news from New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW) as a major star is reportedly working through a “crippling” injury.
As per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Kazuchika Okada is working with two slipped disks in his lower back.
This explains why he’s been kept out of the main event scene and hasn’t been going full-throttle in some matches recently.
The injury is said to be “legitimately crippling” and he’s “hurting bad”, but still working through it and putting on big performances when he has big matches.
New Japan recently had some more bad news regarding injuries as Hiromu Takahashi is expected to be out for six months due to a pectoral injury.
On top of that, Tetsuya Naito worked the NJPW Castle Attack tour with a knee injury too.
- Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens Brand Themselves ‘Wrestlers In A Wrestling Ring’ In Insane WWE Raw Promo
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Jade Cargill Makes History With AEW: Fight Forever Cover