Mark Henry revealed whether or not he’d be open to a return to the ring, discussing his current role in AEW.
Henry has changed his mind on a possible wrestling return a number of times in recent years. On the Hall of Fame podcast earlier this year, the Henry stated that he wanted to wrestle one more contest in WWE before retiring.
After signing with AEW, Henry told the Battleground podcast that his final match would ‘definitely’ be in AEW.
Speaking with Large Dave for i95rock.com, Henry revealed that he doesn’t plan on wrestling again. When asked about a potential in-ring return, Henry said:
“HA HA HA HA HA HA! I mean, Man, you made me laugh, I’m not getting back in there! If somebody hits me, I’m callin’ the police!”
Henry last wrestled during the 50 man Royal Rumble bout at Greatest Royal Rumble in 2018. His final singles match was against Braun Strowman on the February 13, 2017 edition of Raw.
When asked about his current role in AEW, the analyst discussed his pride in the community team, noting:
“Man, I am a Jack of all Trades, I’ve been blessed to be able to master a few of them, I’m new to the announcing, and the backstage announcing, but I’m doing pretty good, and I’m enjoying doing it, but I’m most proud of being a part of our community team. To touch all of the members and fans of the communities that we go into, before we do our shows, that’s something special, we leave the place better than we found it.”
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- ‘Beef Up’ – Super Heavyweight WWE Star Issues Big Challenge To Roster