NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Matt Cardona has provided an update on his injury, confirming that he will need surgery.
Following his bout against Blake Christian at GCW Downward Spiral, Cardona revealed that he had hurt his arm.
Cardona has now taken to Twitter to note that he has indeed torn his bicep, and will require surgery.
“Got a MRI today. Bicep is torn. Surgery needed. Will unfortunately need to cancel some dates.”
Cardona is slated to defend his NWA Worlds Heavyweight Title against Nick Aldis at NWA Alwayz Ready on June 11, a show themed around the current champ.
As of writing, NWA hasn’t commented on the injury announcement.
Prior to his injury, Cardona lost the IMPACT Digital Media Championship to Rich Swann at another indie event, but fled with the belt.
We will continue to provide updates on Matt Cardona’s condition as they become available.
Got a MRI today. Bicep is torn. Surgery needed. Will unfortunately need to cancel some dates.
— Matt Cardona (@TheMattCardona) May 31, 2022
- CM Punk Sends Message About WWE Locker Room After Raw
- Anonymous WWE Star Addresses CM Punk Backstage Behavior At Raw, More Reactions Revealed
- CM Punk Plans Changed On WWE Raw, Real Reason Confirmed
- AEW Star Backstage ‘Frustrations’ Ahead Of Imminent Departure Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Interest In QT Marshall, More Details On AEW Departure
- Changes Made To WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Drew McIntyre Backstage Incident Update After WWE Raw
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- AJ Lee WWE Update After Reference During CM Punk Raw Promo
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo