Matt Hardy has responded to accusations that he was drinking with his brother Jeff Hardy before Jeff’s arrest on June 13.
Jeff was arrested at 9:54am on Monday with a blood-alcohol level of 3.7 times the legal limit when driving.
Jeff and Matt were making an appearance together the night before the arrest and Jeff was spotted drinking, which led to people accusing Matt of drinking with him.
Matt has since taken to Twitter with the following response:
Understand your passion on this & agree that DD is unacceptable. I expect speculation from fans, but not you. I haven’t touched a drug in over a decade, haven’t drank since I’ve been a Dad. Saw Jeff last on Sun night & flew early Mon w/@RebyHardy. I can’t be with Jeff every min.
When he said “but not you”, Matt was responding specifically to former WWE talent and trainer Bill DeMott.
Matt’s wife Reby also fired back at people accusing her and Matt of ‘enabling’ Jeff.
Matt and Jeff were removed from tonight’s tag title ladder match on Dynamite, and Jeff has been suspended without pay, and he can only return to AEW upon successfully completing treatment and maintaining his sobriety.
He is due in court on July 5. We’ll continue to keep you covered with any updates.
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- Kris Statlander Reveals She Requires Surgery For ‘Completely Torn ACL’
- Results For NXT Level Up August 12, 2022
- Report: Bray Wyatt ‘Likely Back’ In WWE Soon
- Kerry Morton Says Ric Flair Told Him He Was ‘His Number One Draft Pick’ In Professional Wrestling
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle
- Matt Cardona Calls Blake Christian ‘Stiff And Unsafe’ & Thinks He Should Be ‘Banned From The Business’
- AJ Styles Wants The Young Bucks To Come To WWE
- Current ROH Star Not Signed To AEW Deal
- Top Dolla Discusses How WWE Return Came About