Former WWE star Mickie James has opened up about her future, after announcing that she has finished up with wrestling.
Mickie James seemingly announced her in-ring retirement on August 8, taking to Twitter to note that she feels she’s done with wrestling.
Speaking with MYTV26 at Stocktoncon, James noted that she will probably stay involved with wrestling, even if she does stay out of the ring.
When asked what’s next for her, James said:
“I don’t know. I’m a mom, my son is eight this year. I think I’ll always do stuff with wrestling, in some capacity. I enjoy doing things like this [conventions], it’s a way to reconnect with fans. I don’t really know what’s next, that’s the beauty of it.”
It has been speculated that this is all a work, with retirement teases beginning on the July 14 edition of IMPACT Wrestling, with James noting that she was ‘going home’ in an intriguing backstage segment.
James is currently scheduled to compete at the 1PW return event on October 1.
We will continue to provide updates on James’ status as they become available.
Transcription via Fightful.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite