Former WWE star Mickie James has opened up about her future, after announcing that she has finished up with wrestling.
Mickie James seemingly announced her in-ring retirement on August 8, taking to Twitter to note that she feels she’s done with wrestling.
Speaking with MYTV26 at Stocktoncon, James noted that she will probably stay involved with wrestling, even if she does stay out of the ring.
When asked what’s next for her, James said:
“I don’t know. I’m a mom, my son is eight this year. I think I’ll always do stuff with wrestling, in some capacity. I enjoy doing things like this [conventions], it’s a way to reconnect with fans. I don’t really know what’s next, that’s the beauty of it.”
It has been speculated that this is all a work, with retirement teases beginning on the July 14 edition of IMPACT Wrestling, with James noting that she was ‘going home’ in an intriguing backstage segment.
James is currently scheduled to compete at the 1PW return event on October 1.
We will continue to provide updates on James’ status as they become available.
Transcription via Fightful.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Another Reason Matt Riddle Had Heat With WWE Management Revealed
- Which Released WWE Stars IMPACT Wrestling Is Reportedly Interested In Revealed
- WWE Star Was ‘Late’ Addition To Recent Release List
- Promotions Interested In Matt Riddle After WWE Release Revealed
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- WWE Star’s ‘Outside Commitments’ Causing Management To ‘Figure Things Out’
- AEW Star Sets Sights On Miley Cyrus For WrestleDream
- NXT Star Told He’s Not Ready For WWE Main Roster