Over the weekend, former WCW star Marcus “Buff” Bagwell was arrested after allegedly leaving the scene of a an accident he was involved in.
Bugwell was arrested on multiple charges by the Cobb County Police Department in Georgia, close to his home in Woodstock.
He received a $4,000 bond for five of the charges, and a $10,000 bond for the rest of the charges. He was handed over to a company called 2nd Chance Bail Bonds after paying bonds of $4,620 and $11,220.
According to a new report from PWInsider, Bagwell was allegedly driving his 2007 Saab when it struck a 2006 Acura from behind at an intersection.
The report notes that Bagwell allegedly failed to stop at the scene, and only did so after the other driver involved in the incident had chased him for two miles.
Bagwell reportedly “advised he was unable to stop because his vehicle was having battery issues.”
Police then reportedly discovered that a warrant was already out for Bagwell’s arrest, following another car accident which occurred in August 2020. He was taken into custody for new charges of Hit & Run.
Bagwell is scheduled to appear in court on July 22 to faces charges relating to the August 2020 incident, and will be back in court on July 23 to face charges for this past weekend’s incident.
For the August 2020 incident, he will face the following charges:
Driving Under the Influence of Drugs (misdemeanor), Speeding (misdemeanor), Hit & Run – Duty of Driver to Stop at or Return to Scene of Accident (three charges, misdemeanors), Duty Upon Striking a Fixed Object (misdemeanor), Failure to Yield When Entering Intersection (misdemeanor), Driving on the Wrong Side of the Roadway (misdemeanor), Following Too Closely (two charges, misdemeanors), Driving Within a Gore or Median or Emergency Lane (misdemeanor), Reckless Driving (misdemeanor).
He suffered multiple injuries in the August 2020 incident, including broken ribs, a broken hip, a broken socket bone, a broken nose, and a torn groin muscle.
We will keep you updated with any further news regarding Buff Bagwell and his court dates.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?