On this week’s episode of AEW Dark, the participants for the Casino Battle Royale at Double Or Nothing were revealed.
Christian Cage and Matt Sydal were the first competitors announced for the match, as revealed on Dynamite last week. Last night, Powerhouse Hobbs, 10, Evil Uno, Colt Cabana, Matt Hardy, Isiah Kassidy, Marq Quen and Jungle Boy were added to the May 30 match.
During AEW Dark, Jungle Boy recalled being involved in the first ever Casino Battle Royale. The underdog addressed his TNT Championship match loss to Darby Allin last month, before discussing his Double or Nothing match.
Matt Hardy also cut a promo on the show, promising to embarrass The Dark Order and win the Casino Battle Royale. The winner of the match will receive a shot at the AEW World Championship.
The inaugural Casino Battle Royale took place at Double or Nothing 2019. Hangman Page won the bout, securing his place in the first-ever AEW World Championship match at All Out. Rey Fenix and PAC won a tag team version of the match at Revolution earlier this year.
The AEW World Championship match at Double or Nothing 2021 will see Kenny Omega defend against Orange Cassidy and PAC in a triple threat match. Cassidy was hurt during last week’s match with PAC, but will reportedly be fine to compete on May 30.
The full Double or Nothing pay-per-view card will be announced tonight on AEW Dynamite.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features