WWE has now officially been sold, being purchased by Endeavor, and forming a merged company with the UFC.
One of fans’ main concerns about the sale was the pricing of WWE’s premium live events, which current come free with a $9.99 subscription to Peacock.
UFC however still runs traditional pay-per-views, which fans were concerned WWE would return to following the Endeavor sale.
Speaking on Lightshed Live, WWE CEO Nick Khan spoke again about the potential of WWE returning to the model.
We didn’t like traditional pay-per-view because 50% or so of the dollars go to in-demand dish and direct just for plugging it in, which is absurd, absurd.
So getting out of that, going direct to consumer got around that.
You see, even with the UFC’s ESPN+ deal, there’s no in-demand dish and direct. That money, however, UFC and Disney carve it up. It goes to them. They have their split, but there’s no middle person taking 50%.
So might we consider going back to digital pay-per-view if it was accessible to our fan base and if it was price right? Of course we consider it.
WWE’s deal with NBCUniversal for Peacock still has many more years left on it, so any potential change to WWE’s PPV model wouldn’t happen until then.
transcription via POST Wrestling
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- PHOTO: Mandy Rose Spotted On Boat With Several NXT Stars
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed