The role for Nigel McGuinness in AEW has potentially been revealed after it was announced yesterday he’d signed with the promotion.
After the announcement of his signing earlier in the day, McGuinness appeared on last night’s April 5 episode of Dynamite alongside Tony Khan and Adam Cole to announce ‘AEW All In’ for Wembley Stadium in London, England for August 27.
After the announcement on TV, AEW shared a press release with additional details, which advertised McGuinness, as well as Pac, Anthony Ogogo, Jamie Hayter and Saraya for “homecomings” at the event.
The release potentially revealed McGuiness’ role going forward in AEW as a “host”. The exact wording was as follows:
During tonight’s live episode of “AEW: Dynamite” from Long Island, NY, AEW CEO Tony Khan, star Adam Cole and host Nigel McGuinness announced that AEW’s highly anticipated UK debut will take place in London at the iconic Wembley Stadium on Sunday, August 27.
McGuinness was on commentary for the ROH Supercard of Honor pay-per-view on Friday, March 31, but didn’t do any commentary on Dynamite last night.
If his role going forward is as a host, it would potentially make him something of a “spokesperson” on behalf of Tony Khan, similar to what Tony Schiavone often does along with being an announcer and an interviewer, as well as his work backstage in the Talent Relations department.
The full press release with more details on AEW All In at Wembley Stadium can be found at this link.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours