The planned opponent for Omos at WrestleMania 38 next month has been revealed.
It has been reported that the WWE Raw star is scheduled to face an opponent that would ‘surprise’ some people at the April 2-3 event.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), as of this weekend, Omos’ planned opponent was Bobby Lashley.
Lashley notably picked up a shoulder injury during his WWE Championship match with Brock Lesnar at Royal Rumble in January. The All Mighty was written off TV at Elimination Chamber last month.
During his absence, it had been reported that Lashley has been working to get medically cleared ahead of WrestleMania 38.
Omos has been presented as a dominant star since his split from AJ Styles in December 2021, and hasn’t lost a bout since, with the exception of the 30-man Royal Rumble match.
Lashley notably hasn’t lost a one-on-one match since his Falls Count Anywhere contest against Goldberg at Crown Jewel in October 2021.
You can view the announced cards for WrestleMania Saturday (April 2) here, and WrestleMania Sunday (April 3) here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?