Eddie Kingston is back in AEW, making his return in the chaotic ending to last week’s AEW Dynamite show.
Kingston had been away due to a hernia, and immediately took aim at nemesis Claudio Castagnoli on his return.
Speaking to the New York Post, Kingston was asked what his goals were now that he has returned to AEW, and whether he’d be after Claudio or MJF’s titles.
“MJF is scared to fight me. Not even to fight me. That kid has been scared his whole life. That’s been proven by the way he won the championship and the way he defends it. I’m not hating because I haven’t always been Mr. Upstanding Citizen and I probably do dirty things in the ring. I’ll probably do dirty things at Forbidden Door, too. I know backstage, I know those people don’t see. MJF has been a scared child since he broke into the business. So maybe when somebody finally dethrones him I’ll finally get a title shot.
“Do I want to fight Claudio, yea. For the title or not, I love fighting Claudio. I love hurting him. If I can’t fight. If I don’t have a war I feel useless as a human being. It’s a weird thing. I’m trying to work on my mental stuff, maybe that’s one of the things I have to work through.”
Kingston is set to team with the Elite and Tomohiro Ishii to face the Blackpool Combat Club, Konosuke Takeshita and Shoto Umino at Forbidden Door.
Kingston also spoke about CM Punk’s return in the interview, which you can read about here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed