The real reason for the date of the 2023 WWE Draft has now been revealed, ahead of the upcoming roster shake-up.
On the April 7 edition of SmackDown, Triple H announced the return of the WWE Draft, confirming that every star in the company will be eligible to be picked.
It was later revealed that the draft will begin on the April 28 episode of SmackDown, and then continue on the May 1 Raw show.
This is not the only notable draft that will take place in late-April, with the NFL Draft taking place from April 27-29.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), WWE sources have indicated that scheduling the WWE draft around the NFL Draft was ‘not an accident’.
With Triple H specifically noting that all stars will be eligible for the draft, it has been heavily speculated that several NXT names will be selected during the shakeup.
Many are predicting that the likes of former NXT Champion Bron Breakker and former North American Champion Cameron Grimes will move to Raw or SmackDown before the end of the draft.
A current NXT title-holder has teased a main roster call-up, which you can read more about right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?