On night one of Wrestle Kingdom 14 earlier this year, Jon Moxley defeated new AEW signee Lance Archer to become the IWGP United States Champion. He retained his title the following night against Juice Robinson.
Since then, Moxley defended his belt in a breath-taking match with Minoru Suzuki, and it appears as if he is going to be feuding with Zack Sabre Jr. in the coming months.
Despite being one of New Japan’s top champions, Jon Moxley has only wrestled five matches for the Japanese promotion this year. The reason for this might have just been revealed.
Dave Meltzer is reporting in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that despite being one of the promotion’s champions, Moxley will only be appearing at big NJPW events due to his commitments to AEW:
“With Moxley, he’s now mostly a major show wrestler because of his AEW commitments”.
Despite this, it has been reported that Moxley will not be given permission by AEW to work at New Japan’s Dynasty event in August 2020. This is because the show is set to take place in America rather than Japan.
Fans of Moxley will be able to see the former WWE star in action tonight when he takes on Chris Jericho for the World Championship at AEW Revolution. As always, we will provide live coverage for the show.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023