The real reason why Sheamus wasn’t in action during this weekend’s European tour live events has been revealed.
Sheamus was in action during last Thursday’s and Friday’s (April 28 & 29) UK house shows, but did not compete during Saturday’s event in Paris, France, or Sunday’s show in Lezpig, Germany.
Some fans showed concern at the Irish star’s absence, speculating that he may be injured.
Per PWInsider, this was not the case. The in-ring absence was reportedly a specific decision made in order to give Butch (fka Pete Dunne) more ring time.
Butch faced off against Intercontinental Champion Ricochet on all four European tour dates. Sami Zayn was added to the mix for a three-way bout at the London and Paris shows. The English star most recently wrestled on WWE TV on the April 22 edition of SmackDown, losing to Xavier Woods in singles action.
Stay up to date with WWE TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking