Monday night’s episode of Raw ended with Braun Strowman joining forces with Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre, viciously beating down Roman Reigns and his Shield brothers, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose.
Ever since that apparent turn to the dark side, fans have been left wondering why WWE would pull the trigger on the heel turn. The ‘Monster Among Men’ has not only been one of the company’s most popular performers for some time, but is also responsible for shifting mountains of merchandise.
So why then would WWE so suddenly turn one of their top babyfaces heel?
The answer may be more cynical than you expected. Wrestling Observer Live is reporting that with the reformation of the Shield, WWE found itself in desperate need of a top heel to oppose the group. Without any strong candidates available, the company made the call to go with Strowman.
I’m sure fans will completely understand the bind that WWE found itself in. The truth is that the promotion simply doesn’t have anyone on the roster so generally reviled that people would organically turn against him. A man who’s natural tone is so whiny and disingen-
– oh hi, Roman! I didn’t see you there.
It remains to be seen whether this new dynamic will assist Braun topple Reigns at Hell in a Cell next month. With recent reports however indicating that WWE is planning an extended title reign for the ‘Big Dog’, it seems unlikely.
But at least it will get Roman cheered for a bit. Maybe.
- Braun Strowman Is In Tears
- WWE Star WALKS OUT of Raw!
- WWE RAW Tag Team Title Match Set For Next Week
Are you buying into Braun’s heel turn? Does it make his feud with Roman any more intriguing? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below or on Twitter here. Then come join us on Discord, where you can chat with the Swaft Nation and the entire WrestleTalk team about all things wrestling.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’