A shocking ending took place on last night’s WWE SmackDown show, when former two-time NXT Champion Karrion Kross made his return alongside Scarlett.
Kross attacked Drew McIntyre in a big segment to close the show, seemingly inserting himself in the feud with McIntyre and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
Reports emerged yesterday prior to the show that WWE had interest in bringing Kross back, which came to fruition not even 24 hours later.
Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting a specific pitch within creative for Kross’ return, and one of the reasons for it. Among the pitches that Kross would be inserted into the McIntyre vs Reigns feud, and will be involved in a match for one of Roman Reigns’ world titles, as opposed to both.
This goes in conjuncture with another report, noting that the USA Network has reportedly requested to have a world champion on their show more often, following Reigns only making sporadic appearances on the show since WrestleMania.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete