The real reason for former AEW TNT Champion Wardlow’s recent TV absence has potentially been revealed.
Wardlow hasn’t wrestled on AEW TV since dropping the TNT Title to Luchasaurus on the debut episode of Collision.
Despite Christian Cage assisting Luchasaurus in his June 17 title win, Wardlow hasn’t yet pursued a rematch for the gold.
Per Sean Ross Sapp in his Fightful Select Q&A, someone in AEW was having passport issues getting into Canada.
It wasn’t confirmed who it was, but it does line up with the fact that Wardlow had his passport stolen when his car was broken into a few months ago.
“I was told that there was an issue with somebody recently that couldn’t get into Canada because of a passport thing, but I wasn’t told who.
“I do know that he (Wardlow) had his taken out of his car when it got broken into.”
Since Luchasaurus’ title win, Christian Cage has been parading the title around as if he’s the actual TNT Champion.
It has been revealed that another former TNT Champion missed his recent match after suffering an injury in a ‘freak accident’ which you can read more about right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023