A backstage note has emerged on the positivity within the WWE locker room following the August 1 edition of WWE Raw.
The marked the first episode following SummerSlam, which was the first premium live event following Vince McMahon’s retirement.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), numerous wrestlers across multiple WWE brands have expressed ‘renewed optimism’ with Triple H running creative.
An NXT talent reportedly told Fightful that Dakota Kai being swiftly rehired was a great sign, making them hopeful for their future with the company.
Two top WWE talents reportedly noted that they were excited to not wrestle the same person each week.
The report noted that there was a lot of positivity surrounding Ciampa and Mustafa Ali’s spots on the card, with both of them given the opportunity to shine.
A top wrestler not currently with WWE reportedly pointed out the increased focus on the women’s division.
Fightful noted that the current backstage sentiment has changed a lot over the last few months, with many unhappy following the ‘chaotic’ Royal Rumble event in January.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete
- Another AEW Star Seemingly Preparing To Join WWE
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- Does Vince McMahon Want To Leave WWE Revealed
- New Dolph Zigger Post-WWE Appearance Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Names Who He’d Add To AEW’s Blackpool Combat Club
- Did Adam Copeland Beat Christian Cage For The AEW TNT Championship