An update has emerged on Bret Hart’s contract status, following rumors that he’s set to join AEW.
Hart’s AEW arrival has been teased several times on Dynamite and Rampage in the last month or so. Speculation was fuelled after Big Time Wrestling announced that Hart will manage AEW’s FTR at their June 10 show.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, those in AEW are of the belief that Hart has quietly signed a new deal with WWE that would prevent him from appearing on AEW shows.
The report noted that the contract would still allow Hart to make independent appearances, making the FTR booking possible.
It was also stated that Hart was never contacted about being part of AEW’s Owen Hart tournament presentation.
Hart recently addressed rumors about potentially signing with AEW, by questioning what his role in AEW would be.
We will continue to provide updates on Hart’s status as they become available.
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Update On Plans For The AEW Fight Forever Video Game
- AEW Star Hopes Partnership Doesn’t End At ROH Final Battle