WWE’s ‘Road Dogg’ Brian James has defended Goldberg following Bret Hart’s recent comments about the Hall of Famer.
A superkick from Goldberg at WCW Starrcade 1999 notably resulted in a number of issues for Bret Hart, including a severe concussion that forced Hart to step away from the ring.
“I probably wouldn’t have had a stroke and I probably wouldn’t have had to wrestle Bill Goldberg.”
Speaking on the Oh, You Didn’t Know? podcast, WWE SVP of Live Events Brian James noted that be believes that Bret Hart will eventually forgive Goldberg.
Discussing the situation, James said:
“I think you do have to get over it and go, ‘it was an accident, man. Nobody meant to hurt anybody.’
“I know Goldberg … I can’t imagine him having malice in his heart when any of this stuff went down.
“I see that as an accident, and I see that worthy of forgiveness and I think in time, maybe Bret will do that.
“In time, I think Bret will find forgiveness in his heart for even Goldberg.”
Brian James became the WWE SVP of Live Events in August, following Jeff Jarrett’s departure from the company.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- AEW Star Addresses Dolph Ziggler Being Released By WWE