Ahead of WrestleMania 39, an update has emerged on Robert Roode’s WWE status, amid his wrestling hiatus.
Roode hasn’t wrestled since a live event in June 2022, before the major change in WWE management last year.
With Triple H now in charge of WWE creative, many have been waiting to see Roode make a comeback, believing he’d receive a singles push similar to his NXT Championship run in 2017.
Roode previously revealed that he had undergone spinal fusion surgery.
Per PWInsider, a source has revealed that WWE expects an update on Roode’s recovery prognosis following WrestleMania week.
Roode’s most recent WWE TV match saw him compete in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal on the April 1, 2022 edition of SmackDown, ahead of WrestleMania 38.
Madcap Moss ultimately won this bout, during his singles push.
Another report has revealed that there have been backstage discussions about a potential WWE tag-team reunion when another WWE star returns from injury, which you can read about at this link.
Stay up to date with WWE injuries and expected return dates using our tracker right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Plan For Heel AEW Star To Become ‘One Of The Biggest Babyfaces’