The 2023 Royal Rumble premium live event has already broken a huge WWE record.
The upcoming event is highly anticipated, as it will be the first Royal Rumble show booked under Triple H.
The Game currently oversees WWE creative as the company’s Chief Content Officer.
WWE has now stated that the January 2023 premium live event has broken the record for the largest gate for a Royal Rumble event.
WWE issued the following (via PWInsider):
WWE Royal Rumble 2023 – slated for Saturday, January 28 – has broken the company’s record for largest gate in the event’s 36-year history.
Over the weekend, Royal Rumble surpassed the $5M mark and previous record holder from 2017 – the last time the event was held at San Antonio’s AlamoDome.
This carries a 2022 trend into 2023 where WWE set gate records for many of its events, including WrestleMania, Extreme Rules and Crown Jewel.
The November 5 Crown Jewel show in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia notably became the most viewed international WWE premium live event of all time.
Royal Rumble 2023 will take place at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on January 28.
Check out our predictions for the winners of the Royal Rumble matches right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’
- WWE Star Makes Decision After Major ‘Bidding War’