Despite recent WWE pay-per-views being a bit shorter than usual, the company is apparently set to load Extreme Rules with matches.
Cageside Seats notes that this is a rumour doing the rounds, adding that WWE is likely to put on plenty of matches even if it means some of them end up being pretty short.
As of this writing, the following matches have currently been confirmed for the July 19 show:
- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler – WWE Championship
- Asuka (c) vs. Sasha Banks – Raw Women’s Championship
- Braun Strowman vs. Bray Wyatt – Swamp Fight
- Bayley (c) vs. Nikki Cross – SmackDown Women’s Championship
A few days ago, we published a list of seven other matches that were likely to be added to Extreme Rules, and since then they all still look like they’re gonna be happening. They are:
- Big Show vs. Randy Orton
- Street Profits (c) vs. Andrade & Angel Garza – Raw Tag Team Championship
- Seth Rollins vs. Rey Mysterio (or at least something involving some combination of the people involved in this program)
- Apollo Crews (c) vs. Bobby Lashley – United States Championship
- New Day (c) vs. Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura – SmackDown Tag Team Championship (this has been announced for the next episode of SmackDown, but there’ll probably be a rematch)
- Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus
- Matt Riddle vs. King Corbin