With lingering criticism surrounding the AEW Women’s division and their booking, Serena Deeb has recently teased exciting upcoming additions.
Speaking with the Reese Waters Show, Deeb dropped this tease:
“I think we’re building an awesome women’s division, we just picked up, I don’t know if I can say any names yet, but we’ve just picked up a couple of really strong female members to the roster.”
With multiple WWE stars released in November 2021 coming up to the end of their 90-day non-compete clauses, there are numerous scintillating potential options such as Athena (formerly known as Ember Moon) Tegan Nox, Mia Yim, and Taya Valkyrie as well as the recently released Toni Storm whose non-compete details are unknown after she requested her release last month.
AEW’s Women’s division has recently gained attention with a WWE statement specifically referencing the New Year’s Smash edition of AEW Rampage which saw Anna Jay and Tay Conti take on Penelope Ford and The Bunny in a brutal and bloody match, referred to as “gory self-mutilation” despite generally positive feedback from fans and contemporaries within the wrestling world alike.
Transcription via SEScoops
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- More WWE Stars Released
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023