With lingering criticism surrounding the AEW Women’s division and their booking, Serena Deeb has recently teased exciting upcoming additions.
Speaking with the Reese Waters Show, Deeb dropped this tease:
“I think we’re building an awesome women’s division, we just picked up, I don’t know if I can say any names yet, but we’ve just picked up a couple of really strong female members to the roster.”
With multiple WWE stars released in November 2021 coming up to the end of their 90-day non-compete clauses, there are numerous scintillating potential options such as Athena (formerly known as Ember Moon) Tegan Nox, Mia Yim, and Taya Valkyrie as well as the recently released Toni Storm whose non-compete details are unknown after she requested her release last month.
AEW’s Women’s division has recently gained attention with a WWE statement specifically referencing the New Year’s Smash edition of AEW Rampage which saw Anna Jay and Tay Conti take on Penelope Ford and The Bunny in a brutal and bloody match, referred to as “gory self-mutilation” despite generally positive feedback from fans and contemporaries within the wrestling world alike.
Transcription via SEScoops
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Alexa Bliss Shows Off New Tattoo (PHOTO)