Seth Rollins has weighed in on the recent rivalry between Charlotte Flair and his wife, Becky Lynch, in the lead-up to their Survivor Series match.
The Raw Women’s Title vs SmackDown Women’s Title bout was one of the most anticipated of Survivor Series, in part because of the real-life heat between Lynch and Flair.
Speaking to Ariel Helwani of BT Sport, Rollins stated that there was nothing gong into the bout that Lynch was comfortable with. Proud of Lynch for her performance, Rollins noted:
“I can’t even relate to the experience she probably went through out there tonight. It’s one thing to go out and perform on a high level on a pay-per-view, having a near one-year-old baby that you also have to take care of, but when you have a falling out with your best friend, and I can tell you, legitimately, that’s been a process that’s been going on for years and it really reached a boiling point recently, as all the reports have said.
“There was nothing about going into this match she was comfortable with and I imagine it was an extremely cathartic experience for her. I’ve been out there and had matches where there wasn’t that much tension and it’s brought me to tears when I come back. I can only assume she’s in an interesting place, hopefully, a good place because they both killed it out there and I was really proud of her and everything she has done and did tonight.
“I’m in a position where I think I’m a bit of a leader. I’ve been here a long time and so, I don’t think anything puts me in an awkward situation. I don’t have to pick sides. I’m pretty fair on things and I see it as they come. I didn’t feel any awkwardness, it’s definitely awkward for them, I’m sure the women’s locker room was very difficult to deal with, but for me, she’s my wife, she’s y ride or die and I’m always on her side no matter what.”
Lynch ended up defeating Flair with a roll-up while holding the ropes. After the match, the Raw Women’s Champion emotionally reflected on her history with her former friend.
Quote via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?