Seth Rollins got the wrestling world talking last Friday (January 21), when he namedropped former AEW World Champion Jon Moxley during a promo on SmackDown.
Rollins referred to Moxley, who was a member of the Shield as Dean Ambrose with Rollins and Roman Reigns, by the name ‘Mox’, which of course got speculation running.
Rollins recently spoke to Alex McCarthy of TalkSPORT, where he commented on the mention of Mox during the promo, which he says was ‘just a little easter egg’.
“It’s just an easter egg, I think, for some of the fans that have enjoyed [The Shield] and stuck around, followed us for years and stuff like that. It would be very easy to tell the story of The Tribal Chief versus The Visionary, that’s a simple story and obvious for those who watch on a weekly basis but if you follow the industry and you pay attention and you know where we came from, you know there was a third guy in the mix. I’m not going to sit here and ignore that history, I’m going to bring that up because I think that’s important. And I think people who care about that appreciate it. It’s one of those things where it was on the tip of my tongue, it made sense, so it came.”
Rollins and Reigns are set to collide for Reigns’ Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble this Saturday.
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- Alexa Bliss Shows Off New Tattoo (PHOTO)