Seth ‘Freakin’ Rollins has defended the World Heavyweight Championship against all comers since he captured the title at Night of Champions on May 27.
Rollins has issued open challenges, as well as defending the title on NXT against Bron Breakker.
On the July 3 episode of Raw, Cody Rhodes confronted the champion, seemingly set to challenge him for the title, before Brock Lesnar returned to attack Rhodes, seemingly setting up the third match between them at SummerSlam.
Speaking to USA Today at the ESPY Awards, Rollins named challengers he would want to face for his title, which included Cody.
On Cody, Rollins said:
“I would love for Cody Rhodes come try to take it from me. If he can survive Brock Lesnar, I would love for him to try to. I’m better than I’ve ever been; he don’t stand a chance.”
Cody and Seth faced off in a series of matches in 2022 after Rhodes’ return to the company at WrestleMania 38, with Rhodes winning all three matches.
Rollins is reportedly set to defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Finn Balor at SummerSlam.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT