The NXT UK brand officially came to it’s end on last year, when the NXT and NXT UK titles were merged at the NXT Worlds Collide event.
The end of the NXT UK brand came with the announcement that NXT Europe would be set to launch in 2023, with no update on the brand made yet.
Speaking to Alex McCarthy of SportsMail, Shawn Michaels was asked about any potential updates on NXT Europe, and when it could launch.
Michaels said that it is currently in the organizational stage, and the the company is hoping to have it up and running by the end of 2023.
“Things are still in the organizational stage and we are hoping we will have that up and running by the end of 2023. I’m really learning. It isn’t something you just throw together, especially if you want to set it up for success.
“I think everyone would feel a bit more comfortable if it takes a little bit longer to make sure we cross every t and dot every i, but still looking forward to trying to make that a reality by the end of 2023.”
Since the brand’s closer, many of the top stars of NXT UK have moved full-time to the US NXT roster, including Ilja Dragunov, Tyler Bate, JD McDonagh, Lyra Valkyria and NXT Tag Team Champions Gallus.
Shawn spoke about his time helping out with NXT UK, and how he’s happy to see many of the talent make their way over to the US brand.
“It’s been an incredible learning experience for me, it has been an absolute blast too. I’m very much overjoyed about what we did with NXT UK, I had such a wonderful time doing that. It’s intimidating and exciting all at the same time, but again I am thankful that we were able to bring a lot of that British talent over, they’re incredibly talented and they all were in UK to eventually get to NXT and progress to RAW and SmackDown and they’re one step closer. It’s great to have them all here.
“I’m excited with everything that’s going on in NXT, our biggest event of the year in Stand and Deliver is coming up, WrestleMania and across the WWE as a whole… It’s a really exciting time for everyone.”
NXT Stand & Deliver is set to take place on April 1, with the full card now set following the taped episode of NXT set to air next week.
For all the results from next week’s show, click here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- Kenny Omega Vs Hijo Del Vikingo Title Match Announced