Actor and occasional pro wrestler Stephen Amell said in a recent video posted to Instagram he will be attending AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York and he’s bringing his wrestling gear.
View this post on Instagram
The star of the new wrestling-based show Heels, Amell previously wrestled Christopher Daniels at All In.
Amell also partnered with Brandi Rhodes and Chris Jericho for special releases with his wine company, Nocking Point Wines.
AEW President Tony Khan spoke about the Grand Slam show on the latest edition of Busted Open Radio, saying:
“Grand Slam will be a television event. I’m going to try and set it up tonight on Rampage, we’ll announce the full card for Grand Slam tonight. I’m planning an 11 match card across the two shows, it’s going to be a special two-hour Rampage at 10 o’clock next week on TNT. We’ve never done that before with four hours of TV. It’s the biggest television event in AEW history, which is really saying something because we’ve had a lot of number one shows and big events.”
Transcription courtesy of Fightful
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results